John Emily Studio provides Master Level Alterations that include: Sizing, Hemming and Bustles in a nutshell but there are many alterations that go into these 3 main categories. John Emily Senior Fitting Experts will focus on the structure of the dress, offer support bodice options, and measure hem and bustles to allow easy movement according to your Wedding Venue & Timeline.
Some things to expect after you book your first fitting consultation:
Our goal is to offer one-on-one detailed bridal consultation to accomplish a desired fit, look and comfort for your big day! Suggestions and recommendations offered by our fitting experts go hand-in-hand with the integrity of our workmanship.
John Emily Studio works closely with customers but we also have a close relationship with the designer brands that we alter. Designers put together beautiful gowns and add specific details that are not just for looks but also for function. This goes along with services we DO NOT offer listed below.
Now that you know what we DO offer please keep in mind some services we DON’T provide listed below:
- Custom Work or re-designing services. (Excludes, custom corsets needed for sizing purposes)
- If you require custom work, please be precise and send requests with photos/examples to our e-mail, JOHNEMILYSTUDIO@GMAIL.COM. This will help our team will guide you in the right direction, we work closely with designers to accommodate these requests.
- Sizing up or down more than 5 inches (if your gown is 3+ sizes too big schedule a consultation ASAP)
- If the gown is more than 2 inches too small the alterations request will not be approved unless a corset is an option.
- Changing original design of the gown (i.e. adding a slit, adding/changing the liner)
- Alterations with extreme changes in sizing between appointments (Major sizing indicates losing 2+inches in bust, waist or hips)
- Used Gowns or Gowns that are not Dry Cleaned
- Hand beaded work.
Lastly, we have a system in place for turn around times that allows the bride to have a smooth alterations process. Keep in mind our business policies and time frames CHANGE/ADJUST depending on season and market demand.
Spring 2023 Updates
Booking is available Tuesdays through Fridays
A Re-scheduling Fee of $25 will apply 2023 Moving Forward
Rush Alterations (under 10 weeks) will be accessed on a first come first serve basis with Rush Fees Included.
First Fitting: A minimum of 10-12 weeks before wear date is required to begin alterations process. (This could be your wedding date or bridal portraits date)
Second Fitting: This is scheduled 4-6 weeks from your initial visit. This time frame allows John Emily Studio to schedule a 3rd appointment for touch ups only if necessary. Quotes do not include a specific amount of visits, the goal here is to get the best fit on your gown!
Steam Pick Up: The very last part of the process to have your wedding gown ready is to steamed/pressed. Booking will be arranged 1-2 weeks before your wedding. This is not included in alterations costs.
Dry Clean/Preservation: Please refer to GOWN CARE by JES Page